6. Duty of Loyalty. Are there situations in which the duty of loyalty could conflict with other duties? Explain your answer. (see duties of agents and Principals)
7. Duty of Loyalty. Taser international, Inc., develops and makes video and audio-recording devices. Steve Ward was Taser’s vice president of marketing when he began to explore the possibility of developing and marketing devices of his own design, including a clip on camera. Ward talked to parent attorneys and a product development company, and completed most of a business plan before he resigned from Taser. He then formed Vievu, LLC, to market the clip-on camera. Did Ward breach the duty of loyalty? Could he have taken any steps toward starting his own firm without breaching this duty? Discuss. (see duties of agents and Principals).
6. Workers compensation. Should workers’ compensation be denied to a worker who is injured off the employer’s premises, regardless of the reason the worker is off the premises? Why or why not? (see worker health and safety.)
7. Overtime. McNeill Pediatrics is a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson (J&J). Patty Smith was a McNeill senior professional sales representative. Her position required her to visit prescribing physician to extoll the benefits of J&J pharmaceuticals. She targeted ten doctors per day, with revisits each quarter. Plans to maximize results were at her discretion. Her base salary was $66,000, with potential bonuses. Was Smith eligible for overtime pay? Is it fair to exempt any employees from overtime pay requirements? Why or why not? (see wage and hour laws).
6. Employment discrimination. Should English-only policies in the workplace be considered a form of national-origin discrimination? Explain. (see title VII of the Civil Right Act.)
7. Online Harassment. Should an employer’s e-mail system be considered part of the workplace? Discuss your answer. (see title VII of the Civil Right Act.)
6. Partnership agreement. Why should partnership agreement be in writing? (see partnership)
7. Partner’s Dissociation. Elliot Willensky and Beverly Moran formed a partnership to buy, renovate, and sell a house. Morgan agreed to finance the effort, which was cost no more than $60,000. Willensky agreed to oversee the work, which was to be done in six months. As the project progressed, Willensky incurred excessive and unnecessary expenses, misappropriated funds for his personal use, did not pay bills on time, and did not keep Moran informed of the cost. More than a year later, Wilolensky walked off the project. Morgan completed the renovation, which ultimately cost $311,222 and sold the house. Which of Willensky’s actions breached the partnership agreement? Which of his acts were unethical? (see partnership)
5. Shareholder approval. Why should shareholders be required to approve certain types of corporate actions? (see Mergers and consolidations)
6. Dissolution. Why should courts be reluctant to order the dissolution of a corporation? (see termination of a corporation)
7. Purchase of Stock. Air products & chemicals, inc. made a tender offer of $70 per share to the shareholders of Airgas, Inc. The Airgas board rejected the offer as inadequate and too defensive measures to block the bid. Some Airgas shareholders field a suit against Airgas, seeking an order to compel the board to allow the shareholders to decide whether to accept Air Products’ offer. Why should have the power to accept or reject a tender offer? Why? How can directors best fulfill their duty to act in the interest of their shareholders?
6. Board of directors’ meetings. Should state corporation law allow board of directors’ meetings to be held in cyberspace? Discuss. (see corporate management directors and officers)
7. Duty of Loyalty. Under what circumstances might a director’s sale of corporate property to himself or herself by justified? (See corporate management directors and officers)
8. The Business judgment rule. Robert Henrichs was elected the chairman of the board of Chugach Alaska Corp. during his term, Henrichs held board meetings with only his supporter present. He also refuse to follow bylaws that required a special meeting of shareholders on a certain matter and acted without board discussion or approval. In addition, he ignored board rules in the conduct of meetings and retailed against directors who challenged his decisions by excluding them from the board. Do these acts fall under the business judgment rule? Do they constitute a breach of ethics? Discuss. (see corporate management directors and officers)
Grading Criteria / Rubric
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Assignment Help has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Assignment Help, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.