Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question.
1. Which of the following types of heaters uses a special glass sheet with a metallic backing that serves as a heating element?
A. Vertical discharge unit heater
B. Solar panel-skylight
C. Radiant-glass wall-mounted panel heater
D. Ceiling-mounted cable radiant heater
2. What is the TD for an outdoor design temperature of 20 degrees F and an indoor design temperature of 75 degrees F?
3. Which of the following is not a type of heat loss from a building?
4. A circuit with a resistance of 25 ohms is carrying a current of 2 A. How much heat, in watts, is developed?
5. Using the degree day method, calculate the annual kWh use in Springfield, Illinois, with a heat loss of 12 kW, and an indoor design temperature of 70 degrees F, and assuming 24-hour per day occupancy.
6. What is not a factor that reduces the required number of kWh for heating?
A. Higher lighting levels
B. Greater use of electric equipment
C. Greater number of people occupying building
D. Greater ventilation
7. Heating units that depend upon the natural circulation of air in the space to be heated are called
A. unit ventilators.
B. heat pumps.
C. electric baseboard heaters.
D. hot-water storage heaters.
8. Balance point temperature is the
A. temperature at which point ventilation is not required.
B. temperature at which cooling is required.
C. outside temperature at which point heat loss from the building equals internal heat gain.
D. temperature at which point back-up heat comes on.
9. A very good insulator has an R value of 29. The material’s heat transfer coefficient is.
10. Of the following, what is true of radiant heat?
A. Lower temperature settings can be used with the same comfort level.
B. A normal thermostat can be used.
C. It is no longer considered a safe heating system.
D. It can only be used as a central system.
11. The best place to locate a thermostat is on an
A. outside wall near a window.
B. inside wall near an outside door.
C. inside wall by a baseboard radiator.
D. inside wall in a draft-free area.
12. Which of the following types of heating systems is often installed with a humidistat to improve fresh air exchange?
A. Radiant ceiling cable
B. Panel heaters
C. Hydronic heating system
D. Resistance baseboard
13. The amount of time it takes for one Btu to flow across one square foot of surface when there is a 1 degree F temperature difference from one side of the material to the other is known as
A. the insulating factor.
B. a material’s R-value.
C. thermal capacity.
D. internal heat gain.
14. The edges of the concrete slab in underfloor thermal-storage systems are insulated to
A. block heat from getting into the building.
B. prevent heat loss through soil to the outside.
C. support the weight of the concrete slab.
D. prevent water from entering the building.
15. What is the internal heat gain, in kW, from a factory with 20 kW of lighting (surface-mounted), 10 kW of running motors, and 10 people doing light benchwork?
16. What is a common heating system for school gymnasiums?
A. Unit ventilators
B. Electric baseboard
C. Underfloor thermal storage
D. Ceramic heaters
17. When a low-voltage thermostat with a thermal relay calls for heat, which of the following best describes what happens?
A. Voltage is applied across the relay heater, causing the contacts to close.
B. Voltage is applied across the relay heater, causing the contacts to open.
C. The mercury switch closes.
D. The pilot valve operates.
18. What is the best electric system for a residential building where cost is the primary concern, and air circulation is important?
A. Heat pump
C. Central warm-air furnace
D. Radiant glass panels
19. Which of the following controls can automatically reduce heating levels when the building is unoccupied for long periods of time and heat isn’t needed?
A. Damper control
B. Sensing element
C. Thermostat with a bimetallic element
D. Program clock
20. Which of these choices is the most expensive electric system to operate?
B. Program clock
C. Heat pump
D. Radiant ceiling
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Assignment Help has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Assignment Help, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.