Assume that you work in the Planning Department of the Century National Bank and report to Ms. Lamberg. You will need to do some data analysis and prepare a short written report. Remember, Mr. Sleig is the president of the bank, so you will want to ensure that your report is complete and accurate. A copy of the data appears in an attached Excel file named Banking-2003.
The Century National Bank has offices in several cities the Midwest and the southeastern part of the United States. Mr. Dan Sleig, president and CEO, would like to know the characteristics of his checking account customers. What is the balance of a typical customer? How many other bank services do the checking account customers use? Do the customers use ATM service and, if so, how often? What about debit cards? Who uses them, and how often are they used?
To better understand the customers, Mr. Sleig asked Ms. Wendy Lamberg, Director of Planning, to select a sample of customers and prepare a report. To begin, she has appointed a team from her staff. You are the head of the team and responsible for preparing the report. You select a random sample of 60 customers. In addition to the balance in each account at the end of last month, you determine: (1) the number of ATM (automatic teller machine) transactions in the last month; (2) the number of other bank services (a savings account, a certificate of deposit, etc.) the customer uses; (3) whether the customer has a debit card; and (4) whether or not interest is paid on the checking account. The sample includes customers from the branches in Cincinnati, Ohio; Atlanta, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; and Erie, Pennsylvania.
1. Develop a graph and a table that shows descriptive statistics (central tendency measures and dispersion measures) of the checking balances.
2. When Mr. Sleig took over as president of Century several years ago, the use of debit cards was just beginning. He would like an update of the use of these cards. Develop a 95% confidence interval for the proportion of customers using these cards. On the basis of the confidence interval, is it reasonable to conclude that more than half of the customers use a debit card? Interpret the results.
3. With many other options available, customers no longer let their money sit in a checking account. For many years the mean checking balance has been $1,600. Does the sample data indicate that the mean account balance has declined from this value?
4. Recent years have also seen an increase in the use of ATM machines. When Mr. Sleig took over the bank, the mean number of transactions per month per customer was 8; now he believes it has increased to more than 10. In fact, the advertising agency that prepares TV commercials for Century would like to use this on the new commercial being designed. Is there sufficient evidence to conclude that the mean number of transactions per customer is more than 10 per month? Could the advertising agency say the mean is more than 9 per month?
5. The bank has branch offices in four different cities mentioned earlier. Mr. Sleig would like to know if there is a difference in the mean checking account balances among the four branches. If there are differences, between which branches do these differences occur?
6. Mr. Sleig is also interested in the ATMs. Is there a difference in the ATM use among the branches? Also do customers who have debit cards tend to use ATMs differently from those who don’t have debit cards? Is there a difference in ATM use by those with checking accounts that pay interest versus those that do not?
7. At a 0.05 significance level, is there a relationship between the location of the branch and whether the customer has a debit card?
8. Using checking account as the dependent variable and using the number of ATM transactions, the number of other services used, whether the individual has a debit card, and whether interest is paid on the particular account as independent variables, write a report indicating which of the variables seem related to the account balance and how well they explain the variation in account balances. Should all of the independent variables be used in the analysis or can some be dropped? Did you notice any indications to multicollinearity, heteroscedasticity
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Assignment Help has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Assignment Help, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.