P10-8A P10-2 E12-18 E12-20
P10-8A A company issued $1,000,000
P10-2 Stacy Company
E12-18 The following
P10-8A A company issued $1,000,000 face value six years, 10% bonds on July 1, 2016, when the rate of the market was 12%. Interest payments are due every July 1 and January 1 Worthington uses the calendar year end.
1. Prepare a Journal entry to record the issuance of the bonds on July 1, 2016.
2. Prepare the adjusting journal entry on December 31, 2016, to accrue interest expense.
3. Prepare the journal entry to record the interest payment on January 1, 2017
4. Calculate the amount of cash that will be paid for the retirement of the bonds on the maturity date.
P10-2Stacy Company issued five year, 10% bonds they face value of $10,000 on January 1, 2016. Interest is paid annually on December 31. The market rate of interest on this date is 12%, and the Stacy Company receives proceeds of $9,279 on the board insurance.
1. Prepare a five-year table to amortize the discount using the effective interest method.
2. What is the total interest expense over the life of the bonds? Cash interest payment? Discount amortization?
3. Prepare the journal entry for the payment of interest and amortization of discount on December 31, 2018, third-year and determine the balance short presentation of the bonds on that date
E12-18 The following account balances for the Non-cash current assets and current liabilities for Suffolk Company are available. 2016 2015
Accounts Receivable $43,000 $35,000
Inventory $30,000 $40,000
Prepaid rent $17,000 $15,000
Totals $90,000 $90,000
Accounts Payable $26,000 $19,000
Income tax payable $6000 $10,000
Interest payable $15,000 $12,000
Totals $47,000 $41,000Net income for 2016 is $40,000. Depreciation expense is $20,000. Assume that all sales and all purchases are on account.
Prepare the operating activities section of the statement of cash flows using the indirect method.
2. Provide a brief explanation as to why cash flow from operating activities is more or less than the net income of the period.
1. Purchase a six-month certificate of deposit
2. Purchase a 60-day treasury bill
3. Issued 1000 shares of common stock
4. Purchased 1000 shares of stock in another company
5. Purchase, 1000 shares of its own stock, to be held in the treasury
6. Invested 1000 and dollars in money market fund
7. Sold 500 shares of stock of another company
8. Purchased twenty-year bonds of another company
9. Issued 30-year bonds
10. Re-paid a six-month bank loan
Classify the above assume that stocks and bonds of other companies are classified as long-term investments.
II = Inflow from investing activities
OI = outflow from investing activities
IF = inflow from financing activities
OF = outflow from financing activities
CE = classified as a cash equivalent and included with cash for purposes of preparing the statement of cash flows
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Assignment Help has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Assignment Help, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.