Assignment 1 for Outcome 1
The Cardigans are a very progressive with the way they do business, especially with keeping up with the latest laws and cases that pertain to individual rights and the impact that the laws have on business. They are planning to introduce a new line of clothing called “Scantily Clad” with the slogan, “So light You Won’t Know You are Wearing a Thing!” The local television station WBLAH told Candie Cardigan that it would not air such a commercial due to content. Furthermore, that it was not appropriate for children to view it. The Cardigans believe that this is old law and believe that they are protected under the First Amendment’s Freedom of Speech.
Your supervising attorney, and one of CARDWARE’s Corporate Counsel, Rice E. Roni would like for you to analyze case law in your state as well as the First Amendment Freedom of Speech and determine if the Cardigans have a right to have their commercial aired or not. Be sure to discuss whether or not WBLAH is unreasonably abridging the Cardigans’ rights guaranteed to the individuals under the First Amendment. Your response is to be in the form of a memorandum instructions which are provided below.
Rice E. Roni scribbled a few notes on a sheet of paper to help you with your research.
1. Look at the case of Action for Children’s Television v. FCC.
2. Please review the 1978 decision of the Supreme Court in Federal Communications Commission v. Pacifica Foundation – See more at:
First Amendment and Censorship. (n.d.). Retrieved June 10, 2016, from http://entertainmentlaw.uslegal.com/censorship/first-amendment-and-censorship/#sthash.AnrMIuEN.dpuf. Please determine if this is good law, or not and whether or not it applies to our situation.
• Be sure to analyze our situation from both a positive and a negative viewpoint so we will know what our strengths and weaknesses are when we insist that our commercial be given air time.
You are the paralegal working for CARDWARE’s corporate counsel and have been asked to draft a 2–3-page double-spaced memorandum to Rice E. Roni, Corporate Counsel of CARDWARE Inc.and discuss the following:
1. Your state law and the First Amendment and whether or not the Cardigans have a right to have their commercial aired or not.
2. Be sure to discuss whether or not WBLAH is unreasonably abridging the Cardigans’ rights guaranteed to the individuals under the First Amendment.
3. Be sure to indicate which case gives us the most support of having the commercial aired.
Checklist Before Submitting Your Assignment
• Read the question and what is being asked of you twice.
• Structure your Assignment in memorandum form.
To: Rice E. Roni, Supervising Attorney, CARDWARE Inc.
From: [Your Name]
• Organize your memorandum with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
Note: Your memorandum length of 2–3 pages is separate from the cover sheet and reference page.
• Keep all font color consistent throughout. If a blue hyperlink appears, remove it by hovering over it and right click. A vertical dropdown menu will appear. Click on Remove Hyperlink.
• Avoid the use of first person.
• Provide in-text citations. If a reference is listed in your reference page, make sure it is displayed within your submission where you retrieved information from.
• Provide hanging indents where needed.
• Double space throughout your submission, including throughout your reference page. Note: This includes between your references.
• Your reference page should be separate from the body of your submission.
• Use Times New Roman size 12 font.
• Provide an APA formatted cover sheet.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.