1. 1 using the standard normal distribution, find each probability.
a. P (z > 1.66)
b. P (z <-2.03)
c. P (z >-1.19)
d. P (z < 1.93)
e. P (z >-1.77)
2. For the first 7 months of the year, the average precipitation in Toledo, Ohio, is 19.32 inches. If the average precipitation is normally distributed with a standard deviation of 2.44, find these probabilities.
a. A randomly selected year will have precipitation greater than 18 inches for the first 7 years.
b. Five randomly selected years will have an average precipitation greater than 18 inches for the first 7 months.
3. For a certain urban area, in a random sample of 5 months, an average of 28 mail carriers were bitten by dogs each month. The standard deviation of the sample was 3. Find the 90% confidence interval of the true mean number of mail carriers who are bitten by dogs each month. Assume the variable is normally distributed.
4. A US Travel Data Center survey reported that Americans stayed an average of 7.5 nights when they went on vacation. The sample size was 1500. Find a point estimate of the population mean. Find the 95% confidence interval of the true mean. Assume the population standard deviation was 0.8.
5. Based on information from the U.S. Census Bureau, the mean travel time to work in minutes for all workers 16 years old and older was 25.3 minutes. A large company with offices in several states randomly sampled 100 of its workers to ascertain their commuting times. The sample mean was 23.9 minutes, and the population standard deviation is 6.39 minutes. At the 0.01 level of significance, can it be concluded that the mean commuting time is less for this particular company?
6. An advertisement claims that Fasto Stomach Calm will provide relief from indigestion in less than 10 minutes. For a test of the claim, 35 randomly selected individuals were given the product; the average time until relief was 9.25 minutes. From past studies, the standard deviation of the population is known to be 2 minutes. Can you conclude that the claim is justified? Find the P-value and let a = 0.05.
7. The average yearly earnings of male college graduates (with at least a bachelor’s degree) are $58,500 for men aged 25 to 34. The average yearly earnings of female college graduates with the same qualifications are $49,339. Based on the results below, can it be concluded that there is a difference in mean earnings between male and female college graduates? Use the 0.01 level of significance.
8. The data show the amounts (in thousands of dollars) of the contracts for soft drinks in randomly selected local school districts. At a = 0.10, can it be concluded that there is a difference in the averages? Use the P-value method. Give a reason why the results would be of concern to a cafeteria manager.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.