The purpose of this Assignment is to develop students’ critical thinking skills and to test their knowledge of relevant theory and course content learnt.
In this Assignment you are given the following statement: ‘Organizations can make very little impact on strengthening creativity, innovation and design thinking processes as these are dependent on individual employees’.
Using this statement as a prompt, you are required to write an argumentative academic essay of 2000 words (excluding reference list). In your essay, identify and define what is meant by creativity, innovation and design thinking, whether you agree, do not agree or partially agree with the statement and why you agree/disagree/partially disagree using relevant theory. You must also use real-world corporate examples (e.g., examples from companies like Google, Tesla etc) to justify your stance.
What is an argumentative academic essay?
An argumentative academic essay is a piece of writing that examines and interprets a given ‘claim’ or ‘statement’ and defends or refutes it with the use of theoretical and practical evidence. In such an essay, you are essentially building up and presenting your own argument(s) on the statement while using scholarly (i.e., journal articles, textbooks, theories etc.) and practical evidence (e.g., corporate stories, news items relating to companies etc) to support your arguments. Hence, you are not simply describing or summarizing what others have said about a given statement but introducing and developing your own arguments on it. Your arguments must be backed by evidence if they are to be valid. In summary, in writing an argumentative academic essay, you are using your critical thinking skills.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please refer to the following links for further information on:
Guidelines for writing the argumentative academic essay
In writing your argumentative academic essay, you may want to follow the following guidelines:
1. Read the given statement carefully and understand what it means.
2. Use course content learned in class as well as external research done using scholarly work to further investigate the given statement. Remember to read critically on this topic so that you are able to critically evaluate what others have said about the topic and come to your own conclusions on the topic.
3. Based on the research you have carried out, decide your ‘stance’ relating to this statement. Your stance means whether you agree with it, disagree with it or partially agree with it (you may agree with some aspects of the statement but disagree with other aspects). It’s very important that the argumentative academic essay clearly expresses the writer’s stance.
4. Write your essay to include the arguments you want to set forth and provide at least 10 references that include a minimum of 5 scholarly works and practical examples (at least 2) to support your arguments.
Structure of the argumentative academic essay:
Your argumentative academic essay must have the following components:
1. Introduction: must include (a) the purpose of writing your essay (e.g., The purpose of writing this essay is to critically evaluate and put forth arguments on whether organizations can impact the strengthening of their creativity, innovation and design thinking processes )
(b) the stance taken by you (e.g., I agree with the given statement)
(c) the scope of the essay – what theories will be used in your essay, what real-world examples will be given in your essay
(d) the structure of the essay – what will you explain in body paragraph 1, what will you explain in body paragraph 2 etc.
2. Body paragraphs: Your argumentative academic essay can include 3-4 body paragraphs. You can give each paragraph a sub-heading if you wish.
In the body paragraphs, you must provide scholarly definitions of what is creativity, innovation and design is, what arguments you present to support the stance you have taken, and corporate examples as well. Remember that the stance you have written in the Introduction and the stance you take in the body paragraphs must be the same. You must also include in-text references of all scholarly work (i.e., journals, academic textbooks, e-books etc) and of non-scholarly work (i.e., company websites, newspaper articles, company videos etc) used. Non-scholarly work has to be cited when real-world corporate examples are used to support your arguments.
3. Conclusion: Provide a brief summary of your essay including the arguments you presented and the real-world examples you gave
4. References: List all scholarly and non-scholarly work you have used in the essay in the reference list. The reference list is not included in the word count. References should be in alphabetical order and in RMIT Harvard style.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.