Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Communication Management (MGT 421)
Due Date: 16/7/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Student’s Name:
Course Code: MGT421 Student’s ID Number:
Semester: Summer Semester CRN:
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: /15 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1.1 Recognize and memorize concepts of communication theory as they affect business organizations and the individuals in them.
2.1 Perform all communication abilities, including thinking, writing, speaking, listening, and assessing the technology.
Part 1: Critical Thinking
Evaluating Professional Credibility
Amal has been a shift supervisor of a team of nurses for the past three years. The other nurses trust her judgment because she has a track record of successfully treating patients and she is considered an expert in many aspects of nursing. The other nurses also trust her to make good decisions because she stays aware of each nurse’s career goals and she gives them assignments that will help them grow professionally. They also trust her because she always follows through on her promises.
After reading the case, answer the following questions: Total of 5 Marks
1. The other nurses trust her judgment because she has a track record of successfully treating patients and she is considered an expert in many aspects of nursing. What element of credibility is most relevant in this instance? And Why? (1 Mark)
2. The other nurses trust her because she always follows through on her promises. What element of credibility is most relevant in this instance? And why? (1 Mark)
3. The other nurses also trust her to make good decisions because she stays aware of each nurse’s career goals and she gives them assignments that will help them grow professionally. What element of credibility is most relevant in this instance? And why? (1 Mark)
4. If Amal makes several mistakes when treating patients, what element of credibility is most likely to suffer? And why? (1 Mark)
5. If Amal takes sick leave but her colleagues see pictures on Instagram of her in a birthday part, what element of credibility is most likely to suffer? And why? (1 Mark)
Two Phrases That Indicate Your Boss Is Not Listening To You
One of the biggest predictors of whether an employee will be engaged at work is the extent to which they feel like their boss listens to them. But sadly, we’ve all had (or are having) the experience of a boss who doesn’t listen to us. And I’m not talking about really blatant situations (e.g. they literally turn away from us or roll their eyes), but rather those situations in which the boss acts like they’re listening but hears nothing we say.
I recently witnessed just such a case. An executive, let’s call him “Pat,” was holding a town hall meeting to discuss the company’s recent, and disappointing, employee engagement survey results. About 40 employees showed up to the meeting. He kicked things off by saying, “Welcome, everybody. As you know, I’m having this meeting today because I want to hear your concerns directly. I’m here to listen about your issues with your supervisors, so fire away.”
One employee raised his hand first and said, “With the recent cost-cutting, I think we’ve all got concerns about whether we’re going to have jobs next year.” Pat quickly responded, “Oh, I hear you. You think you’ve got problems? At least your wages are ones that other companies will pay. But I’m the VP and I’m over 50, so when you combine my high salary with my age, I’m going to have a really tough time finding a job. But hey, life’s not fair, right?”
Then another employee raised their hand. “I actually have a different concern. My supervisor tells me that I’m supposed to bring her any suggestions for improvement, but when I do, it’s like she doesn’t listen to me.” Pat responded, “I know how that feels, but I don’t want you to worry, because those feelings will pass and you will get over it.”
Source: Forbes Magazine
Think about how well this manager listened in high-pressure situation: Total of 5 Marks
1. Explain how well he did at each of the following active listening skills: paying attention, holding judgment, reflecting, clarifying, and sharing. (2.5 Marks) Suggest some strategies to turn this manager into an excellent listener. (2.5 Marks)
Part 2: Writing Exercise
Hi Sales Team,
I look forward to our meeting next Friday. Please come to the meeting with some out-of-the box ideas that really push the envelope. (2) We want to dramatically increase our market share next year. (3) Please plan your ideas in advance so that you bring your absolutely best ideas to the meeting. At the meeting, we will hold a discussion of our primary objectives and make a plan of marketing strategies. (5) Please remember that your ideas are important, helpful, and will contribute to our marketing plan. (6) So, active participation at the meeting is greatly appreciated. I can affirm that we will deliberate until we reach consensus.
Answer the following questions: Total of 5 Marks
1. Which writing style problem is most apparent in Statements 2, 3, 5, and 6? (2 Marks). Fix the issues associated with these statements. (2 Marks)
2. In your opinion, why is it crucial for business writers to follow particular strategies when writing? (1 Mark)
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Assignment Help has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Assignment Help, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.