Learning Goal: I’m working on a psychology discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
MEZZO CLASS WEEK 5 TO access the books please use the appropriate book for each class. go to Capella University | Online Degrees from an Accredited University and click log in student alumni on the right top. then username is firstname.lastname@example.org and password is Joshua12! click on the book either mezzo or macro class and the book is on the left bottom bookshelf. please use these book to cite the reference and in cite text have to be used. be detailed dont leave out info please.
|1 . [u05d1] Unit 5 Discussion 1||
THREE TYPES OF INTERVENTION IN GROUP WORK
Explain the differences between the three types of intervention in group work:
Respond to at least one other learner, providing a group therapy example to illustrate the differences he or she described.
Please make your initial post by Thursday and your response by Sunday.
|2.[u05d2] Unit 5 Discussion 2||
According to your An Introduction to Group Work Practice text, what is cognitive restructuring?
Respond to at least one other learner, providing a group therapy example to illustrate this process.
Please make your initial post by Thursday and your response by Sunday.
3. RESPOND TO JALONDRA “Intrapersonal interventions that focus on members’ cognition and affects, that is, their thoughts, beliefs, values, feelings, sensations, and emotions (Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). This particular part of intervention is when the social worker and the client get to an understanding of the client and what events may and/or may not have caused them to get to where they are. It comes with the client having a realistic and honest conversation with their self about things in their life and whether or not they want to receive help to better themselves.Interpersonal interventions that focus on members’ relationships with others within and outside the group (Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An interpersonal intervention is more personable and allows two people to discuss issues and concerns that they are facing with one another, it also allows them as well as the social worker to come up with a plan on healing and bettering this relationship.Environmental interventions that seek to change or modify the psychosocial and physical space in which members function (Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). When a client feels that their neighborhood or household becomes toxic or giving them no means to an end and they want more and do better but have no clue where to begin and feel as if there are no resources for them out there, this is where environmental intervention would come in.”
Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An Introduction to Group Work Practice (8th Edition). Pearson Learning Solutions. https://capella.vitalsource.com/books/978132374709…
4. RESPOND TO HAGEN “Members doing group work can make them more aware of factors that shape beliefs and how these factors can be modified through new experiences. Cognitive restructuring is a group of techniques that focus on correcting cognitive distortion and deprecating self-talk (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). Cognitive restructuring was used over 30 years ago, and the methods are still used today (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). Cognitive restructuring can be used to expose faulty logic in group members’ thought patterns and help them replace their irrational thought processes with logical and rational thought processes (Toseland & Rivas, 2017).Cognitive restructuring has been used to help people who have bipolar disorders (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). This process helps them identify their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors during the depressed phase of their condition (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). This allowed members to develop personal depression profiles and care plans to help control re-occurring symptoms (Toseland & Rivas, 2017).Cognitive restructuring is about changing belief systems, and several ways can be done. One way is to have members examine the experiences their thoughts are based on (Toseland &Rivas, 2017). Social workers can also help members consider the impact their experience in construed has on their current life (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). Another way is to prepare to cope statement as a reminder to practice alternative methods of responding to distorted thoughts (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). ”
5. DISCUSSION POST FOR MACRO CLASS-
The civil rights movement is an example of massive grassroots community organizing.
For this discussion:
Respond to the posts of at least two other peers whose posts are different from yours. Share how their posts stimulated your thinking about the topic.
Please make your initial post by Thursday, and your response by Sunday evenings.
6. RESPOND to Jewel “Our text states that there are three theories that relate to the theories of acquisition of power: conflict theory, resource mobilization theory, and power dependency theory( Netting, Knetter, McMurtry, & Thomas , 2017) Conflict theory views the community as divided into the “haves and have-nots” who are all competing for limited resources (Netting et al., 2017), conflict theory, those that are wealthy and have power due to their wealth try to hold on to it by any means possible, chiefly by suppressing the poor and powerless. A basic premise of conflict theory is that individuals and groups within society will work to try to maximize their own wealth and power. Power dependency theory is where organizations and communities are dependent on resources, often from outside sources. Power dependency theory marks a shift in how sociologists think about power (Netting et al., 2017). The more resources one needs depends on how much power one has over the next person. Most of the time with dependency power there is a need for balance of power. Resource mobilization is the process of getting resources from the resource provider, using different mechanisms, to implement an organization’s predetermined goals. Moreover, resource mobilization theory is used in the study of social movements and argues that the success of social movements depends on resources (time, money, skills, etc.) and the ability to use them.Power dependency theory, resource mobilization theory, and conflict theory all would benefit virtual communities in a myriad of ways. Conflict theory depends on the “have and have-nots” so in the virtual world those that have will continue to have and those have-nots will have challenges when it comes to resources. Regarding power dependency theory, again this theory will work with the virtual communities as well because the wealthy will have no trouble with access to resources online, and lastly, the resource mobilization theory may be challenging because we are talking about virtual communities and individuals are meeting via online.”
Netting, F.E., Knetter, P.M., McMurtry, S.L., & Thomas, M.L. (2017). Social Work Macro Practice, (6th ed). Boston, MA: Pearson.
7. RESPOnD TO ALLEE “Netting, Knetter, McMurtry, & Thomas (2017) states that there are three theories that relate to the acquisition of power: conflict theory, power dependency theory, and resource mobilization theory (137). Conflict theory views the community as divided into those who have and those who do not have (Netting et al., 2017, p.137). One implication for community organizing for this theory is that people are usually depressed because of prejudice and discrimination. Another implication is that there is competition for resources (Netting et al., 2017). Conflict theory doesn’t allow equal opportunities for everyone. Power plays a significant role in many organizational theories (Esabbar, Zrikem, & Zolghadri, 2016). Power dependency theory is where organizations and communities are dependent on resources, often from outside sources. Some implications include change may be limited to boundaries established within the relationship and consumers may limit change for fear of offending resource providers (Netting et al., 2017). Power dependency theory marks a shift in how sociologists think about power (Netting et al., 2017). These theories might apply to virtual communities because they consist of diverse individuals. Some individuals have jobs, while others are unemployed. Some are wealthy while others are struggling to survive, and some are Muslim while others are Jewish. No one person is the same in virtual communities, and everyone has different levels of power. In addition, different virtual communities demonstrate different levels of power, politics, and change. For instance, the NAACP fits the theory of change because it aims to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all people.”
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Assignment Help has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Assignment Help, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.