Learning Goal: I’m working on a english discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Explanation and Instructions:
For this assignment, you will create an in-depth argument proposal. Please be aware that you will not be writing a full-fledged argumentative essay. (If your major requires that you go on to take ENL 115, you will have the opportunity them to write the argumentative essay.) Your proposal should be formatted like the sample proposal provided with this assignment. Please use the standard Times New Roman, 12-point font and include the MLA-style page heading and page numbers as usual. You should also include the questions on the proposal, as shown below and on the sample proposal. In general, yours will look like the sample and your responses to each question should be modeled after the answers on the sample.
1. The broad topic of my research is: (This was probably the big issue that you started with, like “climate change” or “social media and bullying.”)
2. My narrowed topic is: (You must narrow down your big issue to something more focused and manageable, like “America’s investment in the solar energy industry” or “how Facebook bullying is causing an increase in adolescent depression.”)
3. Why this topic is relevant and why writing about this topic will be beneficial: (If you are not truly interested in this topic, chances are your motivation to write about the subject will be low. Explain why you are interested and why this topic is worthy of academic discussion. Help inspire your audience to feel as passionately as you feel about it. Make a case for why this will have an impact. As always, BE SPECIFIC.)
4. My thesis: [The thesis is generally a sentence or two, which states the claim which will be proven in your paper. It is NOT a question, nor is it a vague description of what your paper is “about.” Here’s an example of a strong, specific thesis: “By investing in solar-powered energy, the United States will boost the national economy and decrease unemployment in struggling states.”)
5. My five reasons: (List the five reasons you have developed to support your thesis. You are permitted to have more than five if necessary. Each reason must be distinct from the others. Your reasons should answer the questions: Why should someone accept my thesis statement as the truth? What are five points you can make in order to get someone to agree with you?
6. Intended audience: (Discuss what people or group of people might benefit from reading your paper. For example, in the paper about solar energy, might unemployed people, or people who are out of work because of coal mine closings benefit from the information in your paper?)
7. Annotated Works Cited page (will be on a separate page): (The sources should meet the guidelines I’ve given you below and be appropriate for a college level research paper. People magazine, Reader’s Digest, local newspapers, and others of that ilk are not satisfactory. Show me that you know how to find and can locate and use information from the sources you find in EBSCOhost, and the web if absolutely necessary. Focus your database searches on peer-reviewed sources.)
Annotations: beneath each citation on your Works Cited page, you will quote directly or summarize from your source, and explain how that quoted material from that source article helps you prove one of your reasons.
It is VERY important that you search and choose sources based on what your five REASONS are, not your overall thesis. Each reason should have specific sources to back it up and help illustrate it.
- At least five (5) peer-reviewed articles in EBSCOhost (or ProQuest or Google Scholar or JSTOR)
- No more than five (5) additional sources from websites.
1. When copying and pasting citations from EBSCOhost into Microsoft Word, right click and under “Paste,” choose the “Text Only” option. This will make formatting easier.
2. To create the hanging indentations that you see on the sample Works Cited page, highlight one citation at a time. Right click and choose “Paragraph” and under “Special,” select “Hanging.”
3. Make sure your Works Cited page is evenly spaced as it is in the sample assignment.
4. Remember to change all text to Times New Roman, 12-pont font.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Assignment Help has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Assignment Help, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.